1) I "hum a tune" it doesn't even have to be a tune at times.
2) I like to wear fishnet (or embossed) tights and colorful socks.
3) Once I get off the elevator, sometimes I'll press the button for the elevator to head back to the main floor. Hoping to lessen the next persons wait.
4) When I eat temperature or seasoned hot foods, my nose run.
5) For 9 years, I had my tongue pierced.
6) When I was about 8 or 9 years young, I attempted to get in Oprah's limo. So close!
7) Silver over gold
8) My favorite dish is lasagna. Yet I have never prepared it myself.
9) When we met, I pursued my husband. He was playing hard to get. Got em!!
10) A free spirit yet I must have a calendar.
11) I'm a self-proclaimed advocate for Me-Time.
12) Some shows, I watch only with the Mista... it's our thing!
Walking Dead, Black Ink, Blackish, and this is just to share a few
13) Has been faced with adversities.
14) My middle name is Az-Shel, after Shell gas station.
15) I threw myself a 25th, 30th, and 35th birthday celebration. All were well attended.
Dinner at McCormick & Schmick’s, High Tea and Vision Board Party
16) When I first met my in-luvs, I was nervous. Like sweating nervous. I had on a pink and green shirt, jean skirt and decided to take my tongue ring out for that day.
17) Starting my loc journey, this month was a birthday gift to myself.
18) My first car tag read: WANTZLOTS or was it WANTZLOTS
19) I worked in a factory for 1.5 days.
20) I could never understand the purpose of side-eye.
21) I'm looking to enroll in a writing course or two.
22) Applied to become a dental hygienists, was accepted yet decided not to pursue it. I have a weak stomach.
23) Once I retire, the plan to dye my hair totally purple.
24) Determined to never be someone's afterthought.
25) I'm that person that goes to the airport 90 minutes before boarding.
That's because I literally witnessed my plane in reverse in Vegas and I was RIGHT at the door. Waited 8 hrs for another flight, that was not even a straight flight either.
26) I love me some GroupOn deals!!
27) And the close-out or clearance aisles... WEAK!!
28) I believe in paying yourself.
29) I can (and have) learned from others mistakes as well as my own.
30) I prefer mailing a letter at the post office than the mailbox on the corner.
31) I believe in vacationing.
32) Would literally follow my husband to the moon. I didn't say that I would be quite while in transport... but I will be present.
33) Have the manuscript completed for my children's book. And finalizing pieces for my marketing book. However, you don't have to wait til then to support.
34) I have a sister-in-luv, college bestie, business bestie, bestie bestie, work bestie, three sisters and countless amount of sorority sisters but yet totally fine when it's JUST ME.
35) I will not eat the same meal after the 3rd day and that's pushing it.
36) Yoga is in my near future.
** Bonus, last year for my birthday... the husband and I stayed home, painted a couple rooms in our house. We ate carryout and just enjoyed each others company.
37) My opinion, your birthday is the most liberating holiday of the year. It's the celebration of YOU!!! Selfish? No, just real. Think about it, your children's birthday, your marriage anniversary, the holidays, friends celebrations, and such you're a good steward. It's, your turn. Now excuse me while I go reclaim my time.
Here you will find book reviews, author rants, writing tips, and so much more created by yours truly for your reading pleasure.
All Abandonment Acts Of Kindness A Curse Adrienne Thompson Alpha Kappa Alpha Woman Arranged Marriage Authorgraph Beautiful Be Engaged Believe In People Bethune Cookman Birthday Girl Black Hollywood Bloggers Bluebird Studio Book Review Brio Coastal Bar Candor Cater To You Charlamagne The God CIAA College Bound College Grad Courage Customer Service Danny's Closet Debt #DiaryofaYoungBlackGirl DR EDC Model Family Affair Fictional Fishnet Freshmen Year Fresh Prince Gas Card Going Under Grace And Respect Harris Teeter Hollywood Humble If (Wasif's Story) Intentions Jenifer Lewis Junior Year Killer Loc Journey Loose Change Massage Master's Degree Meet The Authors Me Time Me-Time Monkey Beat Down Mountain State University Music MUST See New York Minute Non Fiction On The Blog Open Own Truth Pay It Forward Pcos Planner Poetry Pretty Girl ROCK Public Speaking Purchase Revenge Review Saying NO Self-care Senior Year Silver Of Gold Small Business Saturday Sophmore Year Success Support T.I Tips Tongue Pierced Tourist True Glory Publications Tupac Unprofessional Vacation Planning Vaginal Steam Wendy Williams Wright State Yoni Steam YOUTUBE